Burnside Circa 1860
Burnside is situated at the foot of the Stirling ranges and is one of the oldest homes in the Murray Shire. It is approximately 1 hours' drive from Perth.
The property was originally purchased in 1860 by David Murray who was the first magistrate in the Murray District. Although the homestead, the small cottage and the blacksmith cottage are of significant historical interest, they are not heritage listed due to the copper roofing installed.
The current owners have made extensive improvements with no expense spared to bring this equine property to its magnificent current condition.
The fully renovated homestead, comprises of two master bedrooms, both with ensuite bathrooms and a third bedroom that could be used as a nursery. Formal dining and lounge rooms both with fully operational open fireplaces.
A country style galley kitchen features original wood-fired stove, stone bench tops and 7 burner Belling Stove.
The media room has satellite TV connection and an adjoining reading room / library.
The back veranda has a wonderful entertainment area approximately 13m x 8m complete with drop down see-through weather blinds overlooking the picturesque dams.
Further accommodation is provided by the 2 fully self-contained separate cottages. One with 2 bedrooms and the second cottage has 1 bedroom. Both have open fire places and reverse cycle air conditioning.
The cottage gardens are fully established with large and varied mature trees. The extensive lawn areas are fully reticulated from the large dams. The original well is fully functional and draws crispy cold water even on a hot summers day.
The property has mains power but also has a self-contained diesel power station.
The dressage arena is located close to the stables and included in the sale are a horse walker and a two horse float.
The newly built modern stables comprise of eight oversized stalls with 'walk-in walk out' grassed areas. The stables have built-in demisters. The well-appointed tack room is large with a shower, wc and kitchenette. There is also a loft room above for storage. There are two extra stables adjoining the workshop which are currently being used for small ponies.
The undercover wash down area has hot and cold running water. Water to the stables is supplied by 2 large water tanks situated at the rear of the stables.
The farm shed is fully equipped with an extensive range of machinery to be included in the sale.
There are 16 paddocks of various sizes all with self-watering troughs. Shade is provided by large trees with access to shaded lane areas.
There are also numerous horse shelters provided in the paddocks along with built-in hay bins. The paddocks have been carefully designed with safety in mind, providing gates to all paddocks for easy movement of horses.
All paddocks, including the perimeter fencing have traditional 'post & rail' electrified fencing.
This exclusive property has been thoughtfully planned and developed by equine professionals with phenomenal reputations. It is their personal farm to raise thoroughbreds.
The outstanding and versatile equestrian facilities make the property suitable for a variety of disciplines including dressage & show jumping.
The property extends to approximately 16.2 hectares split into a number of day yards and paddocks used for grazing and spelling horses.
Offered on a 'walk-in, walk-out' basis including a fine collection of furnishings and an extensive range of farm equipment, the property will be sold by Expressions of Interest and formal offer.
All viewings are strictly by private appointment only and can be arranged by contacting
Shaun Clifford on 0405 544 741 - email@example.com or at the office on 08 6380 1212
Floorplans & Interactive Tours
Details not provided
Open for Inspection Times
No inspections are currently scheduled. to arrange an appointment.